FLS Closing Procedures due to inclement weather
Occasionally, it is necessary to modify the school day or close school due to inclement weather. With advance preparation, hopefully, we can minimize any concern or confusion. Please note that when Faribault public schools close, FLS also closes!
Please note the procedures for the following possibilities:
School is closed for the entire day:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision to close schools by 5:30 am when possible. Listen to a television or radio station for announcements. If there is no announcement, school will be held as usual.
· All school related activities are cancelled for the day and evening. Ex: meetings, athletic games/practices, etc.
· Begin the school day two hours late—this is typically called a “late start”:
· All local media outlets will be notified of the decision for a late start by 5:30 am when possible. Listen to a television or radio station for an announcement. If there is no announcement, school will be held as usual.
· K thru Grade 8 students will begin at 10 am. Buses will run where possible and will pick up students approximately two hours later than usual.
School is dismissed early:
· If school is dismissed early, all local media outlets will be notified as soon as possible. Listen to a television or radio station for an announcement. The FLS office will send out an email via to parents and a message will be posted on the FLS facebook page.
· Buses will run where possible. If students cannot be bused home, parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified.
· Parents should have a plan on file with your student’s teacher as to what options can be utilized in the event that school is dismissed early.
· After School Care will be open, if possible. We will advise on the status of after school care, when the initial email is sent.
· All school related activities are cancelled for the remainder of the day and evening.
Faribault Lutheran School utilizes the Sycamore Educational online portal for student information, communication, and financial tracking. There are two ways in which families can access this portal.
Or copy/paste the address: https://sycamoreschool.com/index.php?schoolid=3711 into your web browser. Our school I.D. is 3711
Sign in with your user name and password provided to you by the office. If you did not receive this information, or need a reminder, please contact the office.
2. Download the Sycamore App on your phone. Search the app store for “Sycamore” and download the app to your phone or tablet. Sign in with your user name and password.