Faribault Lutheran School provides many opportunities for the appreciation and development of your child’s God-given talents in the fine arts. Opportunities exist through our own programs, as well as in cooperation with Bethlehem Academy.
All students at FLS participate in the following:
- General Music classes taught by a FLS staff member. Your child will learn the elements of music including rhythm, melody, harmony, form, dynamics, texture, and composition.
- All-School Musical that provides students with an outlet for singing and drama.
- K-2 Musical showcases the younger grades in a short performance of singing, dancing, and laughter.
- Christmas Program that tells the message of Christ’s birth in song, readings, and scripture.
- Art classes taught in grades K-8 using the Arts Attack curriculum. We also partner with the Paradise for the Arts for other art experiences.
- Choir for grades K-2, 3-5, and 6-8.
- Spring Concert in which various choirs and ensembles perform and share their talents.
- 7th & 8th Grade Play in which students participate in drama in the spring. Practices are after school and will teach your child the fundamentals of acting.
Additional Opportunities include:
- Band the band program for grades 5-8 in cooperation with Bethlehem Academy and DMCS.
- Handbell choir is available for students who’d like to learn handbells. Practice occurs once a week, during break.
- Violin lessons are available for interested students in grades 2-8 through an independent instructor.
- Tonechimes is available for students who’d like to learn how to play the tonechimes. Practice occurs once a week, during break.