Dear FLS Family and our Community,
You, no doubt, have been over inundated with emails and messages from every business and community about their response to the Covid19 pandemic. The amount of news and information can be quite overwhelming for all of us and especially for the younger people in our lives. Please know that your FLS teachers and staff are here to help lead and support the educational needs of your child(ren) while at home and we are looking forward to a time when we can re-unite our FLS family, in person.
Here are some quick things to remember as we continue our distance learning, together:
- Keep it simple. Your child is learning how to utilize distance learning at the same time we are learning how best to deliver content and assess students.
- Be positive. Encourage the process of learning and the struggles that happen along the way. We learn in a multitude of ways!
- Keep rooted in God’s Word.
- Create a family devotion time and lead by example for your child(ren).
- Join your child during his/her’s classroom devotions and prayers and join us for our weekly chapel service!
- Tune into a virtual church service – both Trinity and Peace are offering weekly services online.
- Ask your child to help lead a devotion for the family.
1 Peter 4:10, “God has given each of you a gift from His great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.”
And finally, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or your child’s teacher with any questions, thoughts, concerns, or needs. We are a family at FLS; and we are here to help in anyway possible.
Continually praying for all of you,