Welcome to the Seventh Grade Classroom!
I am Joyce Kromminga, the home room teacher for seventh and eighth grade. From early on, I always planned on being a teacher. I planned on being a public school teacher. God had other
plans for me! My favorite Bible passage is Jeremiah 29:11. . “ I know the plans I have for you . . .” God has called me into the teaching ministry at Faribault Lutheran.
I attended Golden Valley Lutheran College in Minneapolis and graduated with my AA degree. I transferred to Concordia University, St. Paul where I received my BS in Elementary Education with a minor in physical education and a concentration in social studies. I continued my education
beyond my BS at Concordia University in Irvine, California. I have completed my 37th year of teaching. I taught 17 years at Zion Lutheran School in Anaheim, California. I have been blessed to teach the last 20 years here at Faribault Lutheran.
My approach to educational ministry puts children as number one. Their salvation as a child of God is top priority. I love getting to know my students. My goal is to get the best out of each
individual by encouraging them and raising expectations as needed.
My husband Greg and I love the outdoors. We enjoy spending time at our family cabin on East Battle Lake in Minnesota. We have spent many summer vacations in beautiful Colorado.
During your child’s seventh grade year, your child will experience:
- Discussing contemporary issues with the Biblical perspective
- Planning and leading classroom devotions
- Facilitation of devotions in other classroom
- Christian life application through service projects in the community
- Weekly chapel services
- Team Building Activities
- Chapel family leaders
- Interactions with first grade partners
- Friday Fitness assistant leaders
- Assisting with organization and implementation of school service projects
- Improvement in strength, endurance and agility training
- Developing skills for team sports
- Preparation for lifelong physical health and fitness opportunities
- Team building and values clarification activities
- Assisting eighth grade with leadership of school activities
- One to one technical device instruction and use
- Live theatre experience
- Upper grade drama presentation
Parental Partnership Opportunities
- Beginning of school parent meeting
- Communication of student successes and areas for improvement
- Hosting eighth grade graduation
- Pre-algebra, geometry, and advanced problem solving
- World geography
- Literary study through novels
- Informative topic research, organization, writing and oral presentation
- Essay writing on various topics
- Life science including frog dissection
- Scientific method projects
- Technology integration into curricular areas