About Faribault Lutheran School
Our mission at Faribault Lutheran School
is to empower and equip all students for Christian Discipleship and
Academic Success in serving others for Christ and his Church.
Faribault Lutheran School has, as its primary purpose, to instruct all students in the Christian faith in keeping with the teachings of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
Faribault Lutheran School also seeks to uniquely serve our community by offering scriptural teachings, Christian values, and the love of Christ in our classrooms. This takes place in an academic setting that is challenging and prepares students to successfully engage learning at the secondary level of education.
Faribault Lutheran School upholds that . . .
- Children are a gift of God and a focus of his love.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children and our school serves to partner and support them in that educational endeavor.
- Each child is designed and created by God with his/her own intellect, capacity to learn, and unique talents.
- Our goal is to help children successfully achieve their potential, embrace their talents, and perform to the best of their ability.
- Children perform best in an environment where students are loved, respected, and socially accepted.
- Children achieve academic success when instruction is age appropriate and gives attention to the needs and differences of the individual learner.
- Children should know and experience God’s grace, read and study God’s Word, and be encouraged in their relationship with Christ.
“We can always spot FLS students because of their excellent study habits and polite manners.” —Faribault High School Teacher
Vision and Values
- Faribault Lutheran School prepares students to be Christian leaders recognized for their discipleship, academic achievement, and service to others.Faribault Lutheran School values . . .
- Christ at the center of all we do academically, spiritually, socially, emotionally, and physically
- An educational process that supports standards of academic excellence and achievement
- A safe Christian environment where students are loved, respected, and socially accepted
- Partnership between the Church, home, and school for our students
- Forgiveness, grace, and hope that is ours in Christ our Lord
Faribault Lutheran School
We have been serving the education needs of students and families of Faribault and the local communities since 1885 through Trinity Lutheran Church, since 1948 at Peace Lutheran Church and since 1996 as Faribault Lutheran School which was a consolidation of the previous two schools. Faribault Lutheran School is recognized for its standards of excellence through its accreditation with NLSA.
At Faribault Lutheran School, we provide parents the opportunity to place their children in a safe, Christian environment, where children feel secure and are able to learn and succeed. We partner with the home in teaching the love of God to His children. We offer many ways for parents to stay connected with what is happening at school through weekly letters from teachers, a weekly school newsletter, Facebook, and through our website.
We work to develop the “whole child” through a balanced, quality curriculum in combination with core Christian values and basic life skills such as responsibility and integrity. All of which will prepare them for a successful future. Our teachers strive to provide individualized instruction for each child. In fact, over 78% of students in grades 5-8 at FLS consistently achieve the honor roll. The honor roll standard at FLS is 85% and higher. Most importantly, the Christian and academic foundation that FLS provides continues for our students well past 8th grade. In the last 6 years, 4 FLS Alumni have been the Valedictorian of the FHS graduating class. We have been told by teachers at the public high schools that they recognize the students from FLS by their respectful behavior and exceptional study habits.
At Faribault Lutheran School, all students in the community are welcome, regardless of religious affiliation. We believe that we can offer children the instruction—both religious and academic–they need to lead successful lives.
Please take a moment to browse through our site and see the many opportunities FLS has to offer. If you would like to set up a tour of the school and meet the principal and prospective teacher of your child, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 334-7982. We would love to visit with you!
- Licensed and Experienced Teachers
- Quality Curriculum
- Computer Education & Library
- Mobile Computer Lab
- SmartBoards in Every Classroom
- Scholarship or Tuition Assistance
- Parent Organization – (Parent Teacher League)
- Weekly Chapel Services
- Daily Bible Study & Memory
- Annual Standardized Tests
- Made-From-Scratch Breakfast and Hot Lunch Program
- Full-Day Kindergarten
- Band and Choral Opportunities
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Student Council
Faribault Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, or religious affiliation. New applicants to FLS must fill out the proper forms and apply in person. Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st. However, if your child has an early September birthday, please call the school to set up an appointment for an assessment to determine if your child is ready for kindergarten.
FLS is a school owned, operated, and maintained, in association, by Peace Lutheran Church and Trinity Lutheran Church. The operation of the school depends mainly upon tuition, financial support from the congregations, and gifts & grants from various individuals and organizations. Tuition assistance is available for qualifying families.
Faribault Lutheran School is a shared ministry between Peace Lutheran Church and Trinity Lutheran Church. Students need not be members of these churches to attend.